These two, full-days of training explore the theory, philosophy, and practice of utilizing psychodrama, sociodrama, and sociometry with adolescents, individually and in groups.
Participants will receive a PDF copy of Mario’s book: Rebels with a Cause (in English).
Day 1: Adolescence from the Inside Out
At time role reversing with their Inner Adolescents, participants will explore, in action:
- Developmental needs of adolescents in action-focused groups, including from Moreno’s “4 Universalia of Psychotherapy: Time, Space, Reality, and Cosmos”)
- Unique working of the Adolescent Brain
- Therapeutic and educational considerations specific to adolescent populations
- Elements that contribute to participant safety and participation in an adolescent group
Day 2: The Therapeutic Spiral Model (TSM) as an Action Template for Supporting Adolescent Development.
Participants will explore, in action, using TSM model to:
- facilitate activities that support therapeutic and educational challenges at various stages of group development
- facilitate activities that support group members in meeting their developmental challenges at various ages
- address professional challenges in their own work/professional settings
Mario Cossa, MA, RDT/MT, TEP is a Psychodramatist (Trainer, Educator, Practitioner – American Board of Examiners), Drama Therapist/Master Teacher (North American Drama Therapy Association), and Theatre Educator who specializes in work with adolescent groups and trauma survivors. He has an international reputation for work with youth and youth workers around the globe (including USA, Canada, UK, Korea, Indonesia, China, Australia, New Zealand.) He is currently Director of Training for Therapeutic Spiral International and resides in Bali, Indonesia. Mario was the 2019 recipient of the Innovator’s Award of the American Society for Group Psychotherapy & Psychodrama for his work with utilizing Psychodrama in Education with Indonesian youth and youth workers.
More about Mario Cossa – https://dramario.net/about-mario/